Waiting on Wednesday (8) - Fixing Delilah by Sarah Ockler

12:00 PM

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine spotlighting upcoming releases we're eagerly anticipating.

Publisher: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers 
Release Date: December 15, 2010


Summary (from Goodreads):
Things in Delilah Hannaford's life have a tendency to fall apart.

She used to be a good student, but she can't seem to keep it together anymore. Her "boyfriend" isn't much of a boyfriend. And her mother refuses to discuss the fight that divided their family eight years ago. Falling apart, it seems, is a Hannaford tradition.

Over a summer of new friendships, unexpected romance, and moments that test the complex bonds between mothers and daughters, Delilah must face her family's painful past. Can even her most shattered relationships be pieced together again?

Rich with emotion, Sarah Ockler delivers a powerful story of family, love, and self-discovery.


I really enjoyed Sarah Ockler's debut novel Twenty Boy Summer, so I'm really hoping that Fixing Delilah will be just as enjoyable too! Isn't the cover so eye-catching? I love it! And this cover seems to match the plot description so well!

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Oh, this looks like it will be really good! Thanks for sharing!!

    I'm letting you know I have chosen you for an award on my blog! Visit this post to accept the award!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pick, I read Twenty Boy Summer last week so I'm looking forward to Sarah Ockler's next book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've heard a lot about this author! great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stopping by from the blog hop and being nosy looking around!

    I'm also looking forward to this book. I still haven't read Twenty Boy Summer though...but it's on my growing TBR list!

    Jen @ Overused Parentheses

    ReplyDelete