Waiting on Wednesday (17) - The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa

12:00 PM

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine spotlighting upcoming releases we're eagerly anticipating.

Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Release Date: Jan 25, 2011

Summary:
In less than twenty-four hours I’ll be seventeen.
Although, technically, I won’t actually be turning seventeen. I’ve been in the Nevernever too long. When you’re in Faery, you don’t age. So while a year has passed in the real world, agewise I’m probably only a few days older than when I went in.
In real life, I’ve changed so much I don’t even recognize myself.

MY NAME IS MEGHAN CHASE.
I thought it was over. That my time with the fey, the impossible choices I had to make, the sacrifices of those I loved, was behind me. But a storm is approaching, an army of Iron fey that will drag me back, kicking and screaming. Drag me away from the banished prince who’s sworn to stand by my side. Drag me into the core of conflict so powerful, I’m not sure anyone can survive it.
THIS TIME, THERE WILL BE NO TURNING BACK.

I was excited to see that Julie Kagawa revealed the back cover copy of The Iron Queen on her blog yesterday... so it was definitely a no-brainer to make it my WoW pick this week! And doesn't the third and final installment of the Iron Fey series sound like it's going to be awesome?

I'm going to be so sad when The Iron Queen is released... sad because then the trilogy will be over! If you're the kind of person who doesn't really like faerie novels... well, you WILL like this one. Julie Kagawa will make a faerie lover out of you. With so many twists and turns, and non-stop action topped with some forbidden romance- what is not to like?

Team Puck or Team Ash? I can't choose! I like both guys!

And I can't forget to mention the cover! Such a pretty pink!! 

If you haven't checked out this series before, you can read my review of the first novel The Iron King here.

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. I've heard so many amazing things about this series! I love the cover too! Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This might be my most highly anticipated book of 2011! And the cover is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks super good! I don't normally like faerie novels but I might have to give this trilogy a try based on your recommendation. I do love the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like all the covers in this series. And I really need to catch up and read the second book soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've GOT to read this series. I keep hearing how utterly amazing it is. Great pick!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm dying from anticipation. This series tops my favorite list by leaps and bounds. It just lures me in and I don't want to leave!

    ReplyDelete