Waiting on Wednesday (19) - Texas Gothic by Rosemary Clement-Moore

12:00 PM

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine spotlighting upcoming releases we're eagerly anticipating.

Publisher: Delacorte Books for Young Readers
Release Date: July 12, 2011

Summary:
Amy Goodnight's family is far from normal. She comes from a line of witches, but tries her best to stay far outside the family business. Her summer gig? Ranch-sitting for her aunt with her wacky but beautiful sister. Only the Goodnight Ranch is even less normal than it normally is. Bodies are being discovered, a ghost is on the prowl, and everywhere she turns, the hot neighbor cowboy is in her face. 

I enjoyed reading Rosemary Clement-Moore's Hell trilogy and while I haven't had a chance to read The Splendor Falls yet, my sister has it and she really liked it! After reading the plot description for Rosemary's latest upcoming novel, Texas Gothic, I knew once again that I'd be reading another novel by the author because this one sounds good too! I don't read too many novels with witches in them, let alone ones that work on a ranch, so it will be interesting to see how good this novel will be! Plus, I can't count out the fact that there's a hot neighbour cowboy too!

As for the cover, I think it's a vast improvement over her previous novel The Splendor Falls, which is rather bland but I like this one! The white swirls give it a ghostly feel, and the girl's red hair and green eyes really stand out against her pale skin.

I know this one doesn't come out for quite awhile, but you can add it on your Goodreads shelf here and Chapters/Indigo also has it up on their site here too! (Which is rather surprising because it usually takes them a longer time...)

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I saw this on someone else's Wow post this week too. It looks incredible and I love the title. Great pick!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete