Forever by Maggie Stiefvater

8:00 AM

Title: Forever (Wolves of Mercy Falls #3)
Author: Maggie Stiefvater
Release Date: July 12, 2011 (hardcover)
Publisher: Scholastic Press
Pages: 400
Source: ARC provided by publisher

Overall: 5 Stars

Summary:
The thrilling conclusion to #1 New York Times bestselling Shiver trilogy from Maggie Stiefvater. 

In Maggie Stiefvater's Shiver, Grace and Sam found each other. In Linger, they fought to be together. Now, in Forever, the stakes are even higher than before. Wolves are being hunted. Lives are being threatened. And love is harder and harder to hold on to as death comes closing in. 

My Thoughts: 
I began reading Forever with a nervous anticipation of the events to come. If Shiver was about developing the romance between Sam and Grace, and Linger focused on learning more about the Mercy Falls wolves…then, surely, Forever was going to be the final showdown. And after the tense, emotional turmoil that filled me once I finished Linger, I had no idea what to expect reading the final novel in the trilogy. I could only hope (and cross my fingers!) that everything would turn out alright in the end.

Sam and Grace are probably among one of my favourite literary couples. I have always loved the easy companionship these two slipped into in Shiver when they finally met face to face. They trust each other completely with no doubts at all and confide in one another when they’re unsure of themselves. In Forever, their relationship is facing one of their greatest tests yet as fate has threatened to break them apart… After the short time of bliss, once again, one of them must remain human as the other becomes a wolf in a reversal of roles that has made the future become uncertain for the pair.

Another favourite aspect of mine for this series has always been Maggie Stievater’s absolutely beautiful writing. She describes everything with such lyrical prose and soul that I can only call it utter perfection. I’m so proud of the growth we’ve seen in all the characters too! I know I’ve only mentioned Sam and Grace until now, but Cole and Isabel have also grown on me over time as well and taken more pieces of my heart along with them.

I finished reading Forever in a daze, nearly in tears and saddened that the trilogy was over, but I loved how Stiefvater left the ending open to our own interpretations of how the future would continue to unfold for everyone. And true to previous fashion, Forever was ever the unpredictable read, shadowed in desperation and longing until the very end. I just have a feeling that the characters are continuing to live on… despite the fact there are no more pages for us all to devour.

Thanks so much to Scholastic Canada for sending me this review copy!

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Aww, I'm so glad you enjoyed the end of a series you love so much!
    :)

    Glad it was a great ending for you. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review, it exactly how I feel. And even though its over I'm sure that I will reread the series in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm one of the few that hated book one and couldn't make it past book two (giving away my third ARC). I'm so glad to see fans of the series weren't disappointed though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen lots of 5 star ratings for this one. I wasn't a huge fan of Shiver but it's good to see that those who loved the series weren't disappointed by how it ended.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have read Shiver, but just haven't gotten around to Linger or Forever even though I have them both. The first book didn't grab me as well as I thought, but I'm glad to see that you're a fan and you liked the conclusion.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This book is just breath taking I hope there is more I just love it and I cant stop reading it.
    View this site for Sacramento Landscaping website

    ReplyDelete