Spotted! Cover of The Elite by Kiera Cass

8:00 AM

Kiera Cass revealed the book cover for The Elite, the second novel in The Selection trilogy, on her blog yesterday!

Release Date: April 23, 2012
Publisher: HarperTeen

Summary (from Goodreads): 
The hotly-anticipated sequel to the New York Times bestseller The Selection.

Thirty-five girls came to the palace to compete in the Selection. All but six have been sent home. And only one will get to marry Prince Maxon and be crowned princess of Illea.

America still isn’t sure where her heart lies. When she’s with Maxon, she’s swept up in their new and breathless romance, and can’t dream of being with anyone else. But whenever she sees Aspen standing guard around the palace, and is overcome with memories of the life they planned to share. With the group narrowed down to the Elite, the other girls are even more determined to win Maxon over—and time is running out for America to decide.

Just when America is sure she’s made her choice, a devastating loss makes her question everything again. And while she’s struggling to imagine her future, the violent rebels that are determined to overthrow the monarchy are growing stronger and their plans could destroy her chance at any kind of happy ending.

Did you just gasp in delight when your eyes feasted on the gorgeous cover for The Elite? I seriously can't stop looking at it! I thought the blue colour for The Selection was already so pretty, but the cover art designers at HarperTeen have really outdone themselves this time. The red-orange colour really stands out, and I think it fits perfectly with the glamorous lifestyle America is now living at the palace.

What are your thoughts on the cover? Are you excited to read The Elite? I'll admit, I didn't fall completely in love with The Selection (here's my review), but it was enjoyable enough that I'm truly curious to know what happens next. It's a great novel if you're looking for a light dystopian read with romance! 

You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. JUST LET ME PASS OUT ALREADY. I love it. It's not as stunning as the cover for the first book (come on now...) but it's still beautiful. Loving the dress and colour! I really enjoyed The Selection so I may have a few issues when The Elite finally rolls around. Reading the summary's got me bouncing off the walls ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this cover. It's gorgeous. Just when I think I'm getting tired of pretty dresses on covers, bam. I actually like this cover more than The Selection's Cover- I like the warmer tone to it, and I love this shade of red-brown. I didn't really like the end of The Selection, so I'm not sure how much I'll enjoy The Elite, but I'll definitely read it anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tossed this up on my FB page as soon as I saw it! I'm in love with The Selection - we have a delicious relationship that I just can't quit. So naturally, I'm in love with this cover - I think they did an amazing job making it fit with the last cover and still it's own. And the warm blue seems to sort of work with what's going on in the palace right now. Also, THAT DRESS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous!! I thought The Selection was so much fun... total reading candy, and I mean that in a good way. Can't wait for this one! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a gorgeous cover! and she's not sniffing her armpit so YAY progress!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice article, thanks for the information.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had some mixed feelings about the first book, but I diffidently plan to pick this one up. And I too love the colors that are used. It seems to fit with what the story will be about.

    ReplyDelete
  8. took me half a day to finish the selection and it was a very nice read indeed. I'm off to search if Elite's already available here in Philippines. :;

    ReplyDelete